Re: [IP] snacks at school

  For my Joshua, dxd at age 5.5, his endo insists that he be allowed to be a
kid.  And if this means a special treat at school the highs can be treated
later (when he was on MDI) or now on the pump with a bolus.  It makes the
kids feel even more 'different' when made to not be able to join in the fun
of the peers and be able to have the same stuff.  The high that might occur
with a sucker is not that life threatening and the emotional reward can be
invaluable to the child!   Let the child have a childhood!  Just my opinion,
as a mom of a young DMer and IPer.

mom to Joshua