RE: [IP] Re: Sils

Hi,
I have only been pumping since February and am using a MM508.  When I was
trying the pump out with saline my educator started  me with sof-sets.   I
had to change my infusion set after a few days and a friend's son is also on
a insulin pump and she had me try the silhouette infusion set.  I liked it
much better.    I didn't care for all the tape and extra tubing on the
sof-set.

As soon as I started pumping the quick-sets came out and I decided to try
them.  The appealing part was the inserter.  I used them for about a month
and a half and had many problems with them.  I finally got tired of the
struggle and decided to just stick with the silhouettes.  I am pretty thin
and I think the sil's work better for me because of the angle they can be
put in at.  The quick-set sometimes would pull out, sometimes I must have
inserted into muscle & it hurt badly and bled and I had problems with bent
cannulas.  They also didn't seem to stick as well.  Since using the sil's,
I've only had 1 come out and it was my fault.  The insertion needle can be
extremely intimidating but it truly doesn't bother me or even hurt!!  The
adhesive works very well for me on the sil's too and have not yet had a
problem with it.  I just use the IV prep when changing.  They are also very
easy to disconnect and connect.

I'm glad there are so many choices in sets because obviously our needs  are
different and what works for one doesn't mean it will work for all.  I have
only used it in my abdomen so far.  Hope this helps!!

Brenda