RE: [IP] I'm gonna scream!! Why are Endo's so resistant to change ???

Sherry Nolan [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> I may be corrected on this one...but the last time I checked the ONLY
> insulin approved by the FDA for pump use was Velosulin.
> Officially Humalog
> ISN'T approved, even though something like 80% of pump users,
> on this list
> at least, use it exclusively.

FDA approval refers to manufacture and marketing, not how it's used.  No
pump manufacturer may market or advertise for use with any insulin other
than Velosulin.

But physicians are free to use medications any way they see fit.  IOW,
there's nothing improper about using Humalog or Novolog in a pump, and,
informally, all manufacturers assume that pumpers use one of these two
products in the pump.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR