Re: [IP] Novolog & FDA Approval

Officially, Novolog is NOT approved for use in the pumps.  For that matter,
Humalog was only recently approved for use in pumps.  I don't know about you,
but I had used Humalog for about 5 years before it gained official FDA
approval.  Most of used it in our pumps with the full support of our
Endocrinologists without FDA approval.

Physicians may prescribe a medication for the use they desire, as long as
they use good medical judgement.

Roxanne M. Villanueva RD, LD, CPT
Registered and Licensed Dietitian
Minimed Certified Insulin Pump Trainer
IDDM X >19 Years, Pumping 1/4/1995
(First with Disetronic and now with MM since 11/00 and much happier!)
"Diabetes is a disease of complications waiting to happen." - - - Mary Tyler