[IP] Re: Fwd: Re: [IPn] first full week is done

I think a lot of these "free" support lists reach a point where they
eventually must charge a fee.  It's unfortunate, but represents the reality
of rising expenses.  When I joined griefnet.org after my husband died, the
service was free--but they eventually moved to a $5 per month fee.  (They
also allowed a trial membership for one month with no charge, and they allow
other members to donate more for those who can't afford the $5 fee.)

Michael is proposing that members only need to pledge 60 cents a month, which
is only $7.20 a year.  We aren't talking about $25-30 a year, or even close
to that.  I guess people would need to decide whether the information they
receive from the list is worth sixty cents a day; it is to me.

I feel sorry for the committed volunteers who are put in the position of
begging for funds.  I'm sure it's not a task they relish.