[IP] RE: Artificial Sweetner

Just note related to this post, Stevia has been used safely as a sweetner in
Japan and Korea for decades.  (Apparently, Japan banned the use of saccharin
as a toxic chemical, but found stevia leaves in Paraguy and Brazil and has
imported them for years.)  The stevia plant is now grown in other parts of the
world, including the southwestern US, parts of Australia, Israel and elsewhere
in the middle east and other places with warm climates)  I've even read that
stevia is used in Japan as the sweetner in Diet Coke, although I have no proof
of this.  In the US, thanks to some heavy lobbying from the artificial
sweetner industry, chiefly by the pharmaceutical company formerly known as
Searle (the makers of Nutrasweet) and its then parent company Monsanto, stevia
cannot technically be sold in the US labelled as a sweetner, it must be
labeled as a "nutritional supplement" which is the reason its found mainly in
health food stores and organic supermarkets.  Just some useless info on the
topic.

I personally have trouble with Artifical Sweetners and Sugar.  I have found a
wonderful alternative however it is expensive but seems you need to use less??
 Plus it has fiber and is natural herb, it is Stevia Plus (the plus is the
fiber that has been added.  It is less than 1 calorie and 1/2g of carb 1 pkg
equals 2 tsp of sugar.  Seems worth it for me, when I am out I use 'Sweet n
Low' because that and Equal seem to be the only available at Restruants.  Just
my 2 cents!  I find it in the Health Food stores.