Re: [IP] site problems

Man, I feel so bad for you. Have you tried different types of sets? Jared
started out using the disetronic tenders, and after a couple of months they
wouldn't last. Kept getting occluded or coming out. We then tried rapids and
they worked great, until he got an infection. He is allergic to a lot of
metals so we think maybe the metal needle added to his infection, so then he
switched to the new disetronic ultra-flex. THey go in just like the rapids,
(like a thumbtack) and the metal needle comes out and leaves a teflon
cannula inside. He has had really good luck with them.
I guess more help would depend on the types of problems you are having? Is
the tape not sticking? the site coming out? occlusion?
Hope this helps a little.
Julie, Mom to Jared 15, dx'd 5/99, pumping Disetronic Htron,
Hope 12, Mitchell 10
Elkmont, AL