Re: [IP] snacks at school

Jim Handsfield wrote

<<<Just a suggestion to be cautious with sugar free candy.  Sugar free does
mean carbohydrate free.  In fact many of the sugar free ones have *more*
carbos than equivalent amounts of regular candy.>>>

Actually I also always thought so, but after a closer look I found that
since the sugar content of those sugar free candies come from sugar
alcohols, which in terms of carb counting is only figured as half (for
example 3 grams of sugar alcohol will be equivalent to 1.5 grams of carb),
so those candies are actually a little lower in carbs than the plain ones.

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels email @ redacted
Jewish Friends With Diabetes
Join our discussion list at