[IP] snacks at school

>>Cory's latest episode
was a "wonderful" but "misunderstanding" teacher.  All his classmates
given a sucker.  Cory was to be given a pack of peanut butter crackers!
strongly objected and his teacher angerily told him she was going to
call me
and that he was not properly taking care of himself.<<

I recently had the opportunity to advise a teacher on what to offer a
recently diagnosed 10 yr old girl instead of the "usual" sugary treats.
I told her that some barretts or inexpensive jewelry from a
"teeny-bopper" store might be good. Up until this point another teacher
had been giving her pencils. Not what I would have been happy with at
that age! Was this an appropriate recommendation? I have no children of
my own or elsewhere in my immediate family. So, some input would be
appreciated. How about something for boys too - in case it comes up...

thanks in advance

Amy Anderson