hi everyone.  i am getting my pump today and can't wait to get started with
it.  like many of you, i too have been out of control.  i range from 40 to
570 blood sugars on any given day.  i remember someone once posted they
were bi polar,  please let me know how you handle the many mood swings that
you have with both diabetes and bi polar disorder.  when i am high, i am a
very hard person to talk with.  i'm hoping that with better control of my
bs, that i could start to adjust to my meds for bpd.  by the way, i've seen
many postings about pump suppliers, and just to let you know, mini med has
been in contact with me weekly since my doctor prescribe my order for the
pump.  my quest for the pump started around September 28, and i am too
receive it today 11/12/01.  i thought that was pretty fast considering my
insurance company basically sat on my letter of medical necessity for three
weeks. i spoke to two reps at mini med Russ and Sherri 1-800-874-9858 ext
5318 russ, ext 4693 sherri.  they always kept me up to date on how my
request for the pump was going.  since Friday 11/09, they directed me to my
nutrition and carb counting classes and contacted my pump rep in my area
for instructions and classes for the pump.  they said i should be pumping
within a couple of days.

john s
email- email @ redacted