re[2]: [IP] Scuba diving

Deanna,  I very much interested in this topic.  As a very active scuba diver my self.  I have only been on the pump for over 1-1/2 months. A couple of the questions I had.

1.  While scuba diving do I need to be hooked up to the pump?  Will the exercise of diving be enough where I can leave the pump behind?

2.  Infusion Site(Quik-Set)  Has the quik-set been tested down to 130 ' of water.  Will the salt water penetrate through the quik-set?  Should the infusion site(quik-set) be removed before diving?

>From my experience of diving I would think that you that you would not need any basal rate during the dive.  !'st I would do a BS test. I would probably take .5 units before getting ready because I would disconnect 15 min. prior to getting ready to dive.  Any signs of sugar getting Low or High abort the dive.  But, Don't forget the safety stop!!  Get out of water take off gear and do another BS.

I some of my dive magazines of I have seen groups doing some studies on diabetics scuba diving.  They charter a boat somewhere in the caribbean.

If we have any Scuba Divers that Pump please share with us your information on scuba diving.

> DGoose,
My post indicated that I assumed Mimi disconnected while scuba diving. I was
just trying to clarify in a diplomatic way how exactly she handled the
situation b diconnecting for a short period? Shots?
Maybe you could try a little diplomacy yourself. This is, in fact, supposed
to be a supportive learning environment.
Deanna
dxed IDDM 9/92, hopefully pumping soon

<

John Doyle