[IP] RE: food guide pyramid and why America is fat

It's not the food guide pyramid, it's the portion sizes of foods eaten.
Portion sizes in America are huge.  Our friends from France were amazed at
the portion sizes here. But even more important is the fact that our bodies
were made to be moved, and they are not.  At the beginning of the 1900's, 30%
of our day was spent in exercise. Now it is 1%.  We use remotes for TV,
elevators to go up one short flight, etc. And we are seduced by food ads and
fast food convenience.  Children today are developing type 2 diabetes at an
alarming rate.  Do your kids a favor, turn off TV and computer games.  Don't
blame the dietitians.   Priscilla Schell, RN,CDE