[IP] basal of 0.0

our daughter is currently on a basal rate of 0.1 from 12 am to 9 am, but is
dropping in the early morning hours anyway. we did a temporary basal the past
two nights of 0.0 for 1 1/2 or 2 hours, and that seemed to help.
for some reason, our minimed rep says we can do this with a temp. basal, but
not program basal that way. seems weird, and i dont like getting up every
night at 3 am to set rates. i do remember someone on here mentioning their
daughter had been on 0.0 for a couple of hours during the night, but not to do
it for too long (i think you said 3 hours max?) because then pump would clog
or something.
any thoughts?

shifra's mom, 3 1/2 yrs old