Re: [IP] Comparison of Lifescan One Touch Ultra to One Touch Profile

Todd wrote:

>Remember in comparing that the Profile is a whole blood meter whereas the
>other two are plasma based.

The Profile strips sold in Europe (where I live) since 1997-1998 are
plasma-based, *not* whole-blood based. (Prior to 1997-1998, the Profile
strips sold here were indeed whole-blood-based.) I confirmed this point
today with the Doctor on staff at Lifescan in Paris.

The meter cross-check I performed used only test strips purchased in
Europe. Thus, the results were reported on the same basis.

>The plasma readings are about 12% higher than the whole blood, so the
>Ultra (and Fasttake) should read about 12% higher than the Profile.

Again, not in the Common Market countries of Europe, where all strips
marketed for the One Touch line are calibrated for plasma, not whole blood.

regards, Andy