Re: [IP] set change went from good to bad!

i did a similar thing I was 250 when I went to bed
(bolus 2) and later woke up at 380 bolused again and
woke up the next morning at 580. My heart was pumping
over 100beats/min and i couldn't lift my arms. Stupid
me I bolused again. Then I was afraid to take a shot
for fear I wuould get too much insulin. well I thought
I'd call the doc but figured he wouldn't have a clue
or say go to the hospital so I call midimed and they
were great. The women calmed me down said to take an
injection, kept me on the phone until my sugars
started coming down. Here when I took out the set the
tubing connected to the insert button thing fell off
( I now tug on it alittle to make sure its
connected.)I knew u should do an injection if u have
two readings over 250 but I just didn't think it was
the pump. plus since i was bolusing i kept thinking it
will kick in soon. Every new pumper should be ready to
inject any time things aren't going quite right. Thats
what I do now. It gives u alittle time to figure out
what going wrong. it was scary. peg