[IP] exercise question

I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for keeping blood
sugars level during exercise?  I find that I have a lot of trouble with
lows when I'm out on the tennis court for more than an hour.  So far, the
best thing that I've found is sports drinks, but since I don't stay
connected to my pump, I'll occasionly go high.  How do other people
handle long work-outs?  I also do a lot of jogging, and don't seem to
have any problems there.  Any ideas why one activity causes more problems
than the other?