Re: [IP] neuropathy...what works?

----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 12:02 PM
Subject: [IP] neuropathy...what works?

> If B12 shots don't work for neuropathy, what does?  I have had a little
> of sucess with taking garlic.  But it is not working anymore.  I have had
> numbness for years in my left big toe, now I am having sharp stabbing
> and it feels like a tournequet is tied around it.  And i can press on a
> in my arch that will trigger the pain and numbness, so it could be that a
> bone is off in my foot.  But I know, I don't like it.
> Michelle
Diabetic neuropathy is a difficult disease to treat. Over the years I have
used lots of remedies with varianble success. Generally i have found
vitamins useless and neurontin usually useless. I was a neurologist at one
time and used lots of neurontin for pain control. I use Alpha Lipoic Acid
for myself in huge doses of 900 mg a day. I also use Gamma Linoleic acid
daily. niether of these need a prescription. If you use Alpha Lipoic Acid,
you may need to take a 20 mg pepcid tablet to cut down on stomach burning.
Another thing to try are magnetic insoles for your shoes. If you have had
ulcers check with your doctor first.