[IP] closed loop systems

I read Dr Bode's article with interest but there are problems with implanted
hardware, chiefly infection. If you get an infection with bacteremia, the
bacteria can lodge on the manmade surfaces of your hardware and cause
persisting infection, the surfaces cannot be sterilized so the implants have
to be removed. Our biggest problem with diabetic dogs with an automatic
pancreas. otherwise they work very well and the glucose sensor provides
rediofrequency telemetry data so we do not have to draw blood, the body heat
runs the sensors spot