It will get easier. Right now you are probably dealing with the ups and downs of
the honeymoon period. We love our Animas pump. Lows are very rare now. I still
get up at night on occasion, but it's usually because I suspect she might be
high. I can check her glucose and give Jennifer (13) a bolus to correct and she
never knows. It's different when the waking up at night is because we're working
toward more perfect blood sugars, not to react to a low.

Setting basals is not difficult. Although with a adolescent girl, we are dealing
with constantly changing and unpredictable hormones. The Animas is great because
we can have four different programs preset so it is easy to change from a
regular day to "those" days. We use a different program on soccer days too. I
find that setting basals is much easier than trying to guess levels of N,
because it was always so variable for Jennifer. She hasn't had any N in her
system since last December when she went on the pump.

Hang in there. You will learn what you need to learn. Ask questions when you
don't know. It will work.

Kay