Re: [IP] Popcorn

In a message dated 11/8/2001 5:54:47 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Hmmm, I hate to tell this lady that I don't bolus much of anything for
> popcorn unless I eat mass quantities of it.  If I eat a cup or 2 of popcorn
> and bolus for the carbs I always go low.  Seems like popcorn has enough
> fiber in it so I don't need to bolus for it.

Two things here:  One, I don't bolus for popcorn either unless, like RoseLea,
I eat like the whole bag.  And even then, I will only bolus like 1/2 of what
I should.
Secondly, the fiber issue.  They say to deduct the fiber only if it's more
than 5 mg, but I tend to deduct it all the time, especially if I think it's
going to make a difference.  Gee, that sounded stupid....LOL  I don't know, I
just deduct the fiber regardless, unless of course it lists out soluable and
nonsoluable, etc....
Again, YMMV!  Watch out for the popcorn, especially if there's lots of butter
on it like at the movies :O/