[IP] medical/dental insurance Q's, and choosing docs

Has anybody heard of the Beechstreet Network PPO ?  That's the new medical
insurance my employer is going with.  I hate cigna so I'm glad to be rid of
that, but I'm scared about this new thing.  I've never heard of it!  And the
info I have says that it's not an insurance company, the employer actually
pays for everything... it's so confusing!  The good thing is, all my current
doctors are on their provider list, and I won't have to get referrals.

They're also changing dental insurance... have you heard of Ameritas?

How do you choose a dentist?  How do you choose a family practice doctor?
With cigna I didn't have a choice, but now there are so many.  I know I will
rarely see them, but when I have a cold I want to be able to get in and know
that I will be taken care of.  So how do you choose a name off a list?  I
definitely don't want to go through process of elimination here!