[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #562

In a message dated 11/9/01 8:09:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Currently she is on the MiniMed 508 using Soft-set
> Micro infusion sets with Humalog. Any help would
> be greatly appreciated.

My 11 year old daughter had the same problem with the sof- sets.  Ever since
we switched to the silhouettes she does well for up to 3- 3 1/2 days on her
backside and 2- 2 1/2 days on her tummy.  It has also been suggested to mix
the Humalog with Velosulin (or Regular) at a ratio of about 1 to 5.  In our
case that didn't make a difference but it has been the key to solving that
problem for many others.  There is no scientific data on this as to how this
really works.  I'm sure others will give you more insight on this, also.

Good luck, Sylvelin