Hi Ann:
Don't fret, you will eventually get a good night's sleep!  For me, for 35
years, it's a given that I will wake up at some point during the middle of
the night to go to the bathroom but thankfully I can plop right back into
bed and go to sleep (ditto for checking b.g.).

Eventually when you get the basals set correctly, then you will only have to
do it occasionally if you are running into problems.

As far as not knowing how to set basal rates, don't you have an endo, cde or
someone working w/you on this?  You should also get the Pumping Insulin book
which acts like a second bible for pumping diabetics.  It helps lots.

As far as being on pump and high expectations, welllll, I'm still at the
high expectation but after almost a year, I think I'm getting the swing of
things in fine tuning problems....at least I hope I am :)

On the contrary, you will find that the pump will be a better tool in
helping regulate your daughter's control and that even though she has gotten
diabetes, with glucose monitors, insulin pumps and all the better tools we
have today, it will help even more!

There are lots of parents on here (IP) and they will help you so don't worry
about that....just keep posting and you will keep on getting answers.

God Bless
Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00