[IP] re punching non diabetics

I missed the original email but I guess that you are talking about the way
that non diabetics like to tell you all the horror stories that they have
heard about diabetes.  I have experienced this myself, and know that it is
annoying, However, I wonder if it is just human nature, I dont think it only
applies to diabetes.  It seems to be the usual response to finding out that a
person has any sort of illness or disease.  In fact today I heard a diabetic
person do exactly the same thing to someone who had just had surgery for skin
Don't ask me why we do it, maybe its just the way the brain works, making
associations between bits of information or something.  Maybe we only remember
the "bad" stories, I guess we dont think about the people we know who cope
well with an illness and have no problems.  If you believe in evolution then
you could possibly theorise that we remember the scary things as a way of
learning about "bad" things to be careful to avoid.  Or maybe I have no idea