From: Marilyn Michael <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 2:57 PM
Subject: [IP] more infusion sets, please

> Julie Said "So what happens if twice
> in a month I have to change my site early?  Then I'm short.  Don't they
ever
> take this into consideration?  It makes me so mad.  Sorry- just had to
vent
> ;) Julie"
>
> Your doc has to write your prescription for more infusion sets or
whatever.   I just had a recent battle, not with Blue Cross, but with
MiniMed folks, I ordered 6 boxes of silhouettes (combo packs) because I have
site problems after all these years of pushing needles in my body.   First
thing they said I had just gotten a large order and it showed I was using
the sils every 7-8 hours.....I kept arguing that can't be , got my doc
involved, he gave them prescription for 6 boxes, they still yelled that BCBS
would not pay it.   I said well tell me how to go off the pump cause I gotta
have it.  Went back and forth several times, faxes to MM and to my doc and
THEN   I checked my last order divided up and found they had divided
backwards, that I really averaged 1 and 2/3 days between changes.  well I
faxed the Minimed to learn how to do math, and send me my damn sils.
Within minutes I had an email saying 6 boxes would be fedexed out
immediately.

> Since, I have site problems, I may go through 3 infusion sets to get one
good 3.5 day site.   This lowers my averages and explains why I have a
dresser drawer full of untouched tubing.