Re: [IP] idea spurred by "punching non diabetic" post

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pixie" <email @ redacted>
> My fave myths are
>
> 1.) There are only two types of diabetes. (There are several others, incl.
> MODY and subtypes of genetic diabetes which manifest as Type1, turn to
> Type 2 and revert back to Type 1, have both insulin resistance and lower
than
> average C-Peptide)

Boy, do I concur on THIS one. I get SO tired of trying to explain MY
diabetes to other people, especially health professionals whose minds are
already squarely tied up in that pigeonhole!!

I've gotten to the point where I allow people to ASSUME I'm Type 1 because
it's too hard to make them understand in the small amount of time I usually
have available.

But out of respect to Type 1's and acknowledgement of how hard it is for
them to live with diabetes, I don't consider myself Type 1 -- hence the Type
Weird label which is not a technical term, but applies only to ME!!!!

Smiles,

mailto:email @ redacted

Can YOU find the ugly duckling?