Re: [IP] teaching about diabetes

I guess our middle school would make you proud.  Since I teach math right
down the hall, I am considered a "guest speaker."  I talk about the pancreas
making keys (insulin) for the cells and how Type 1's pancreas quit making the
keys so I have to inject them.  We talk about Type 2....seems everybody has a
grandparent/aunt/uncle/ that falls into this category and we talk about why a
pill won't work for me.  I show them how I do a sugar check and I have even
had a class ask to smell my insulin bottle.....weird.....This year I'll be
able to do one better and show them how my pump works and why I feel so much

Take care,
Ginger & Gizmo

Your career goal sounds like a great one....YOU GO ! ! !  :-)