[IP] Static electricity

I recently had my pump stop as a result of static electricity. Since I just
got my pump last April, I've not had it during winter months, when static
electricity is more prominent. I took manual shots & let it rest. I was back
in business after 8 hours, but it was a real pain. I was wondering if others
have had this problem & what steps you take to prevent it. I do have the
newer case, which is supposed to alleviate this. My problem occurred while I
was changing batteries.