Re: [IP] Same Day Surgeries and the pump

email @ redacted writes:

<< Can anyone give me any insight on surgeries (done in the OR) and the pump.
 Can the pump stay attached?  Does the pump come off with insulin started as
 a drip through the IV? Or what?
Donna:  My 15 year old with d. on the pump had surgery recently that took 45
minutes.  He made sure his blood sugar was 150-200 before he went in and kept
his basal the same.  It worked out beautifully.  However, he was awake for
the surgery.
  Good luck.