Re: [IP] my site is killing me!!- and insurance vent

>Have your Endo. wrote your order for a site change every two days instead of
>every three days.  They you would get extra.  My Endo writes all of my
>orders/prescriptions to include a few extra.  For instance, even thought I
>only use 2 vials of insulin per month, he writes it for 3 because he know
>that sometimes you drop a bottle and it shatters.  It's happened to us all!
>Roxanne M. Villanueva RD, LD, CPT
>Registered and Licensed Dietitian

Woah!  You've never dealt with BC/BS of Michigan, I see.  I'm in the
process of appealing my insurance's limit of 200 test strips per
month.  Never mind that my doctor writes my prescription for 300, they only
want to pay for 200.  Never mind that Michigan has passed Public Act 424
which says that they must pay for all diabetes supplies that are considered
medically necessary, they still only want to pay for 200.  I've actually
gone to the pharmacy (back on shots) and presented my doctor's prescription
for insulin and the pharmacist asked how much insulin I took per day, and
then computed how many bottles I needed regardless of what the doctor
wrote.  And, my insurance's current limit for infusion sets is *10 boxes
per year*, at 10 sets per box that gives me 100 per year.  Now, do the math
and even at 1 set per 3 days, that leaves me a bit short at the end of the
year.  I haven't had to fight the battle for more sets yet, but it may be

RoseLea, who's getting tired of fighting insurance for everything.