[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #560

In a message dated 11/8/01 12:03:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> From: "Tammy Keller" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Re: silhouettes
> I have a questions to anyone who can help.  How do you keep the silhouette
> infusion set in?  I tried one over the weekend and within 2 hours it had
> gotten pulled out.  The tape just isn't strong enough. I know there is no iv
> tape to put over half of the set (so you can disconnect), but I don't see
> how anyone can keep the set in.  If you have any hints, please feel free to
> e-mail me personally.
> Tammy K from Michigan

Try looking the tubing under or above or next to the sil.  Then tape down the
coiled circle of tubing.  It should keep any yank from pulling directly on
the sil.  It may be that your skin doesn't hold the adhesive well and you may
need to use mastisol or another adhesive enhancer on your skin before the sil
is put on.
Hope some of that helps.

Faith and ?? my sweet blue dtron
diabetic 20 years and happy to be here