[IP] teaching about diabetes

I just think it is great to hear that at least somewhere they teach about diabetes in school.  All through middle and high school I waited to see how my science or health classes would talk about diabetes, and much to my surprize diabetes was never even mentioned!  In fact, they always skipped the two sentences that were actually written aoubt it in the books!  It always made me so upset.  Even now, in college, there is barely two words said about it.  I am hoping to major in social work so that I can try to start up diabetes education and support groups in every city...I want people to be able to learn what it is, how to control it, and how to support each other.