[IP] Re: Carb counting and needing a scale

I have measuring tools and a scale (an expensive one that figures carbs...)
and I can tell you that I only use it once in a while.  We need to rely
strongly on our eyes to eyeball and estimate foods, nothing wrong with that.
I'm not saying that it's a bad idea to have a scale, it comes in very handy.
When I introduce new foods into my regimen I will use it, but eventually get
to guesstimate it. The trick is to double check occasionally if your
eyeballing/guesstimating is correct!

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels email @ redacted
Friends With Diabetes - For Jewish people with Diabetes
Join our discussion list at