Re: [IP] dual & square bolus help

For pizza I do a dual wave bolus.  I usually eat 2 pieces of pizza and I
would do about 2.5-3 units now and then 3-3.5 units over 30 minutes and that
usually does it for me.  BUT, I have read posts on here from people who say
that pizza affects their BG's for hours after eating it.  It all depends on
how your body processes the cheese - takes longer to digest.  If 30 min.
doesn't work for you, do an hour.  I usually don't use a square bolus very
often.  If you are snacking at a wedding or something a square of a couple
units over 30 min. would work (at least for me), also if I am eating a meal
and my BG before eating was low, then I might do a square instead of a large
bolus for the meal to make sure I don't have hypoglycemia again.  Again,
YMMV.

hope it helps!

Jenie