RE: [IP] Question/possible suggestions?

Kathy Bruckmeyer wrote:
	Have any of you tried bolusing say like 1.0 U after your fasting b.g. and
then bolus for your breakfast deducting the 1.0 from it to see if that will
help lower the spike after eating?
After years of problems in the morning, I found that my b.g. rises when I
get up - whatever the time. So instead of covering it with basals, I take a
bolus as soon as I get up and test, adjusting for a low or high if
necessary. For me, that bolus amount is 1 - 1.5 units. While I don't deduct
the amount from my breakfast bolus, I did change my bolus ratio for
breakfast since I wasn't covering that rise anymore.

I'm also one of those who are brittle, unstable, changeable, etc. Some other
things I've found that help in the morning are:
1) Take all or a portion of my breakfast bolus 10-15 minutes before eating
2) When I begin to eat set the remaining bolus as an extended (square wave)
bolus for 1 hour
The amounts and timing of the above varies during the course of the month,
but I have had better success with this. I also use an extended bolus for
lunch. Spreading out the boluses seem to work better for me.

So this is what works for me. I am very sensitive to insulin so little
changes mean a lot.

pumping w/HTron 9-96; Animas 3-01

Do You Yahoo!?