[IP] Re: Carb Counting

I had a meeting with a dietitian just before I started on my pump to learn
about carb counting -- and basically what I was told is this:

Remember everything you learned way back when about exchanges?  One milk, one
bread and one fruit are the same as one carbohydrate -- and one vegetable
exchange is 1/3 of a carbohydrate.  We talked for a little while about the old
exchanges -- to make sure I had a general idea of what I was doing - and that
was it.  She told me to call her if I had any questions -- or to stop on them
on the floor (I worked in the hospital at that time) and they'd answer my
questions.  That was the extent of my carbohydrate counting training.

Deb in Southern Illinois