Re: [IP] punching non-diabetics

Here's a thought . . .

How about instead of getting angry and going crazy over it, why not educate
and be an advocate instead.  No one has EVER become angry with me for
explaining to them why I chose a pump or the difference between the two
Types.  In fact, many people come to me when they have questions about a
friend, co-worker, or family member as they know that I just may be able to
explain something better than the source where they originally got the
information from.

Other people have MUCH more serious diseases than we do that may or may not
have a means to control it.  We have it hard, but put it in perspective and
see how easy we have it.  My oldest and dearest friend was just diagnosed
with Stage 4 Acute Leukemia.  Her 'treatment' consists of chemotherapy, a
probably bone marrow transplant, and spending the days puking up anything
that she attempts to eat.  And her beautiful naturally curly hair is now
falling out.  All this for just the chance to live  and to see her baby grow
up.  I realize how very easy I have it now.

What a novel idea to use the energy to educate instead of letting it build up
inside!  (Which probably screws with the blood glucose levels anyway!)
Ignorance can only be overcome with edication.  Most people are willing to
listen and be corrected as long as it is done NICELY!

Roxanne M. Villanueva RD, LD, CPT
Registered and Licensed Dietitian
Minimed Certified Insulin Pump Trainer
IDDM X >19 Years, Pumping 1/4/1995
(First with Disetronic . . . now MM since 11/00 and am much happier!)
"Diabetes is a disease of complications waiting to happen." - - - Mary Tyler