Re: [IP] punching non-diabetics

In a message dated 11/7/01 1:57:48 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< We've all seen news stories about diabetes.  The type that begin with shots
 of fried bacon and eggs, and that zoom in on excessively-rounded buttocks
 and some poor innocent wolfing down McDonalds.  While we know that this
 information is based on type 2 diabetes rather than type 1, unfortunately
 there is usually no differentiation between the two types. >>

OK. If you want to talk about misconceptions and punching somebody, I'm gonna
step in here. Seventy-five percent of people in the United States who are fat
do not have diabetes. Type 2 or otherwise. You have to have the genetics for
it. There are skinny type 2s and there are fat type 1s. I've met type 1s who
weigh more than I do.

We battle the same rude comments as you (probably more so, since it's "all
our fault"). Some of us have fingertips that are just as shredded the same as
yours. We're at risk for the same complications as you. Many of us battle
highs and lows the same as you, Some of us even wear insulin pumps.

End of vent.

Jan and Elvis