Re: [IP] Need of a "cyper-hug" /for Syl

In a message dated 11/6/01 11:18:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> So I was wondering, why, after one
> month would Josh now be showing signs of more sensitivity to the Novlog,
> needing to have basals and bolus ratios decreased.  Have already dropped
> basals this morning and will see how that goes!

I can't even imagine your heartache.
I sat thru a talk my endo gave sat at a diabetes fair for parents with kids
with dm.
She was matter of fact, diabetes happened to your kid, it's not your fault it
happened, it is just here and we just deal with it and live our lives.   She
was very practical in how she explained dealing with your kids.  She is very
big on "no guilt" for it happening and the family all dealing with those
feelings so they can move on.
I am so thankful your Josh has the pump, that makes such a difference in my
I do have days and weeks when my insulin needs go down, no rhyme or reason
that I've been able to figure.  More activity?  More adrenaline pumping for
whatever odd reasons??
Glad you have lowered his basals.  Hope that works.
Glad you shared too.

Faith and ?? my sweet blue dtron
diabetic 20 years and happy to be here