Re: [IP] Need of a "cyper-hug"

In a message dated 11/6/01 11:18:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Need of a "cyper-hug"
> Good Morning everybody.  Feeling a little down this morning after my eye
> appointment yesterday.  Seems retinopathy is now showing up in my "good
> eye".  My other eye had laser surgery 2 times for retinopathy and my vision
> in that eye isn't good.  It's kinda like looking through a piece of lace.
> Some spots are very clear and some spots are blurry.  I'm SO terrified of
> having laser on the other eye b/c of the bad vision I already have.  My doc
> says it has to reach a certain point before surgery...not there yet....will
> recheck in 3 months.  I told him of my pump and he said that was great but
> there is still a very good chance the damamge has already been done and
> cannot be reversed.  Just feeling a bit down and know people on this site
> truly "know what I'm talking about" when I mention the "life sucks and
> diabetes just ain't fair."  I know that I'm blessed that I have no
> neuopathy or kidney problems and I know....things could be a lot worse but
> Thanks for listening,
> Ginger

Hoping and praying for the best for you.
Life with diabetes is so unpredictable.
I sail thru so many days feeling like a "normal" person
and always in the back of my mind where I am ignoring it
is the realization that complications may happen some day for
most of us.
You know, I've been ignoring a problem I've been having with my stomach
lately.  I told dh, it's not that bad yet, I just want to observe myself
for a while longer before I told the dr.  What I realize is what I am
really doing is not telling the dr because if she decides it really "is"
some diabetic complication than it really is and I don't want it to be.
Strange reasoning, isn't it.
I hope you and your pump prove your dr wrong but if you do need laser
it turns out much better than it did in the first eye.

Faith and ?? my sweet blue dtron
diabetic 20 years and happy to be here