[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #554

Saw a new meter yesterday, the sof * tact by medisense. It is a self
contained unit that draws blood and places it on the test strip, it will
vacum blood from other places than the fingers . The problem is it  is quite
expensive , 199.99 and comes with no test strips at all. When I asked what
the trade in policy was or if there was a trade in and rebate program, the
person I contacted said there was no such program. I felt that medisense is
not trying to woo me away from what I am using now and I can't see my
insurance company reembursing me 199.99 + the amount for test strips and
additonal monies for computer cables to down load the test results. What
gives with this machine when other machines do a good job for much less mony
and the companies want return business for the strips? Any ideas?