[IP] Insurance policy----How to get!

My husband works for one of the major oil companies. We have been trying to
get a copy of his policy on health insurance since June. The main person over
the insurance said that they can't do that. Of course in their 2" thick book
on insurance it only gives vague terms concerning test strips. The mail-order
drug company doesn't cover the strips because it is not in Shell's insurance
policy to cover them. Of course we want to see it in writing which we can't
get a copy of. By the way we live in a state that mandates that the diabetic
supplies have to be covered. How can you go about making the company give you
a copy of the policy? I have used all of the surplus of strips that I have.