[IP] Re: Babies/Toddlers drinking milk

 > Our daughter, who was diagnosed at 10, was breast fed until she was
three. No
 > cows milk until she was almost 2. Breast feeding was not an insurance
policy to
 > prevent diabetes. I don't know if there are any studies about this, but
it did
 > not protect our daughter. On the other hand, she has never had an ear
 > or sinus infection or any other serious illness besides the D.
 > Kay

That there may be a relationship between dm and milk has never claimed that
is the only way to get it.  Just like smoking will not guarantee that you
will get cancer, or not smoking can't insure a cancer free life.  I was
breast fed with zero relatives who had it and I did get dm.  I drank a lot
of cows milk growing up, but haven't heard a correlation for that, yet.
There are probably very many links with contracting dm, most of which we
can't even guess at.  If we eliminated all of them we may still get
it.  Some of us are just 'lucky'.  Because your daughter was breast fed is
just an observation, meaning some who were breast fed still do get it.

Jack email @ redacted
Please watch for the missing, especially my son.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him
how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day!