Re: [IP] Mid Morning Highs

In a message dated 11/6/2001 11:12:55 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I've been pumping for about a week and have notice Highs about 2hrs
>  after breakfast, I have been eating the same breakfast for the past
>  week, low sugar cereal and milk. I've seen posts about this in the past,
>  I seem to digest food quickly, When should I be bolusing, I have been
>  starting right when I begin eating, Should I bolus 1/2 prior?

Are you using the same carb ratio for breakfast as you use for other meals?
When she started pumping, we found that my daughter needed a different carb
ratio for breakfast (or, actually, for the first time she eats after fasting
during the night -- even if that means she's eating "breakfast" at noon,
after sleeping in) . . . For break fast, her carb ratio is 1:12, but it's
1:20 the rest of the time.

Pumpmama to Katie