Re: [IP] high b/g NIGHTMARE!! LONG //pumps and ER experience

In a message dated 11/4/01 5:22:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> !   I've read several negative things about ER
> treatment that people with diabetes receive

I had 2 very positive experiences this summer at the ER in the hospital
associated with my health care plan.  Very pump aware and always let me make
final decisions about pump and insulin.  The hospital has a written protocol
for pumps.  My endo told me of a patient she has in a town an hour away from
here where every time she comes in they take away her pump and put her on a
sliding scale with no long acting insulin. She has been sick a lot because of
their care.  I feel very fortunate to be where i am as far as the pump and
hospital stuff go.