[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #552

> Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 12:44:20 -0500
> From: "Dianne" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Crystal Light slurpee at 7 eleven
> I can't remember who originally wrote that they found Crystal light
> slurpee's at 7 eleven, but I did see them at ours. (I live in the Detroit,
> MI area).  It was lemonade flavor.
>    I just wanted to let everyone know that you can make your own.  Crystal
> light came out with a product called Frosted Escapes.  It comes in a box
> with 2 envelopes in it.   Each envelope makes 4 (8oz.) servings with 8 grams
> of carb each.  You pour the contents of the envelope, 1-3/4 cup cold water
> and 3 to 4 cups ice cubes in blender.
> Cover and blend on high speed about 10 seconds.  The flavors we have at our
> Meijers is Pina Colada and Strawberry Daiquiri. (there is NO alcohol).
>      It states that you can substitute 1-3/4 cup cold skim milk for the
> water to make a creamier drink. Each 8 oz serving would then be 13 grams
> carb.
> Dianne, Mom to Johnny 9

 There are times when reading this that I wish I lived in the "real
world". I have lived in North Pole, Alaska for 16 years. I'm lucky if I
can find Crystal Light powder at the grocery store. I can tell you right
now that I will never be able to find Crystal Light slurpees or the
mixes up here. They sure sound good though!

DX'ed 1971, Pumping since 1996