RE: [IP] C- Peptide Test Why & What

I just went through this thing with Medicare.  I had this test taken and was
told the because  the results was 0.6.  I was told that I did not have a
diabetic condition serous enough to warrant an insulin pump.  I've been a
diabetic since 1954.  I have many of the typical diabetic side effects.
Blindness, heart surgery, nerve damage, etc.  Yet this C-peptide reading was
still too low.  My doctor had  a few communications with Medicare and was
finally told that the C-peptide test results are now 0.5 instead of 0.6.

By the way, I only encountered this C-peptide test request when I ordered
infusion set from MiniMed.  I was getting my pump supplies from a mail
ordered pharmacy with no problems or trouble with the C-peptide inquiry.  I
went to MiniMed to get bent needle infusion sets.  Just in case someone may
wonder why I would go to two different suppliers.

Howard Davis