RE: [IP] Type 2 Question

Hi all:
Test my two children every six months and almost 2 yrs ago when my son came
home from school on break tested and didn't like his results. Tested 5 days
in a row fasting and told him to go back to school and get tested for
diabetes....this was at Shands in Gainsville FL...

They were amazed that we caught it so early and immediately put him on a
diet and exercise (which he was doing anyway) and glucophage.  After we got
his thyroids straightened out as well, he is now only taking one gluphopage
pill at dinner time and his b.g. are great.

The key here is to catch the Type II early enough BEFORE complications set
in.  Usually these people have no symptoms and the complications set in and
then they find out about it.

I wouldn't stress out about trying diet/exercise thing and see if b.g can
stabilize and come down but definitely do not hesitate to take meds if
necessary to keep b.g. under control.

Just my 2 cents.

Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted