[IP] Re: Appeal letter to BCBS of Michigan

Roselea - your letter is excellent - clear, succinct, direct and forceful!  I
assume, since you have not directed the letter to a particular person, that
this is your first round of appeal.  My experience is that you may/probably
will get turned down at this level.  My BCBS sent me information, when they
denied my request, as to their next step in the appeal process.  At that
point I had a specific person I could write to and I found that much more
helpful (by the way, it took me two steps into the appeal process before they
paid for what I was challenging).

At the end, you might want to add that "should they again deny your petition,
you expect a copy of their appeal process and a statement of their rationale
for denial".  This plants the seed that you won't quit just because they say
"no" - again.

Don't quit.  You've made a rational request backed up my your physician.
Your letter is a model for the rest of us.  Kudos!  Jill T Peaks Island Maine