[IP] Re: How low have you gone?

In a message dated 11/2/01 1:40:04 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I've hit 27 while still awake and semi-coherent several times in 17 years
> but at 19 (only once thank god!) I was post-distal but conscious and trying
> to communicate from hypo-triggered seizure, hubby had to treat my  low. It
> would have been horrible had I been alone, in the 40's and high 30's, I just
> start having symptoms of hypos. I feel great in my 40-50 range and am
> currently working to improve my hypo unawareness.
> Pixie

I think 27 is also the lowest I have ever tested.  Some in the 30's.  I have
found that if my BG range is running closer to normal then I don't get
symptoms until a lower range.  This doesn't (conscientiously) keep me from
trying to have my BG in a lower range but it does worry me.  I have never
passed out and don't want to try that experience!  How have you worked on
improving hypo unawareness?

Type 1 28 years, pump 2+ years